La Griglia

Friday, January 31, 2014
It's been a very dramatic week.


I finally watched the "Downton Abbey" season 3 finale. I won't give any spoilers away to anyone else who is also over a year behind on their PBS shows (uhh, just me?), but WHAT IN GOD'S NAME HAPPENED?! I mean, what they did in the finale was just plain RUDE. And it all happened to my favorite character - The adorable, perfect, British, Future Mr. Kim Ogonosky.

Life is very hard sometimes.

So. REALITY.

A few weeks ago when we had family in town for the marathon, we went to dinner at La Griglia in the River Oaks Shopping Center. I had actually been to La Griglia once before, but someone (Hint: It was me.) accidentally deleted all of my photos while uploading a newer version of iTunes onto my phone.

But it was a blessing in disguise because I got to go back to this amazing place and try a whole bunch of new delicious things!

La Griglia is super cool and swanky inside, with fun glass lighting fixtures suspending from the ceilings and bright murals adorning the walls. In all of the two times I've been there, La Griglia has always been completely packed. It's just SO GOOD.

Now, I love a good bread basket as much as the next British 1920s TV Drama lover, but you know what's better than having a bread basket brought to your table when you're seated?


That's right: HAVING A PIZZA BASKET BROUGHT TO YOUR TABLE WHEN YOU'RE SEATED.

p i z z a  b a s k e t . So now I know what Belinda Carlisle was belting about back in 1987.

Anyone? Eh?

Obscure 80s pop references aside, the La Griglia pizza basket is a force to be reckoned with. The pizza strips are slightly tart and delicious, and quite frankly I feel sorry for the bread sticks in there because they never really stood a chance.


And you know what else I love? I'll say it, anchovies on my Caesar salads. Listen, don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Especially when put on the delicious La Griglia Caesar Salad. This salad is pretty huge, and has homemade croutons and crostini chips (I'm guessing that's what they were), which were out of this world. It was a really excellent Caesar.

But are you ready for this?


Duck Ravioli, my friends.

This. Was. EXQUISITE. The ravioli was filled with duck confit and topped with shallots, chianti, sage, and apples. It is everything you've dreamed of and more - Sweet, savory, rich, and DIVINE. Wow.

After you've finished eating your entree, they bring out a COMPLIMENTARY DESSERT PLATE.


I apologize for the excessive use of caps in this post, but GOOD LORD. Little heavenly Italian cookies and biscotti. And sprinkles! These adorable treats are light and tasty.

But sometimes you just need to order second dessert.


Like the White Chocolate Cake.

Not only was the cake arguably a piece of artwork, it was moist, rich, and SINFUL.

Everything I've ever had at La Griglia (all of the above, plus the Beef Carpaccio, Tomato Caprese Salad, Shortribs, and Cheesecake) has been beyond exceptional. La Griglia is a favorite of my family's, and I anticipate many more visits there in the future.


Ooooooh, baby, do you know what that's worth? Oooooooh heaven is a place on earth....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

> Back to Top